I know I've written once before about the trouble of bridling the tongue. The book of James speaks of it, no pun intended, rather bluntly. Sort of how I can speak - rather bluntly. My husband left me due to my disrespectful tongue. Oh! If he had any idea how much I haven't said! I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, honestly, because I certainly don't have it nailed down. All I'm saying is, it is a struggle and it must be a struggle for many or God would not have thought it pertinent enough to include in His Good Book. I find it difficult to believe money is the primary source of conflict in marriages; I'm convinced it's poor communication.
I have realized I really want to "win" in lots of petty matters. D-U-M-B. What does that gain me? A big, fat nothing. Well, nothing except heartache. I have a really hard time letting go when someone doesn't see my point; I want to keep pressing buttons until it finally clicks. I want the other person to see it my way, or at least see my perspective, where I'm coming from. It's incredibly frustrating when something that seems so simple to me appears to completely escape someone else. Argh. Some people just don't get it! It's like beating my head against a wall. Okay, well, put that way, I can clearly see the absurdity of my ways. If it is pointless to persevere in such a exasperating endeavor, why do it? I have been known to beat the proverbial dead horse. Poor thing. I gotta learn to let it go and get on with living. Then, maybe the rocks in my neck and shoulders will go away.
So, onto life in Big Creek. Some months ago I bought supplies - some 1x2x8 lengths of wood and some tarps - to make a covering for my stack of firewood. Since rain is forecasted almost all week and I had to contend with trying to burn wet wood last storm, I thought I better get my tarps up.
I'm no engineer but I am pretty pleased with what I came up with. I used my staple gun to attach the tarps to the lumber. Then I used eye screws in the underside of the eaves and put cup hooks, the kind that are sort of like a snap hook, on the top edge of the lumber. I thought the snap would help keep them on if it were windy, and it also makes it super quick and easy to remove them from the eaves. It took about 5 minutes to staple the tarps to the wood strips and about 15 minutes, tops, to install the eyescrews and cup hooks. Done. Even got some firewood brought into the house in preparation for colder temperatures. There is such a great sense of accomplishment when you can cross something off the 'to do' list. Somehow, it just gives me a sense of purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment