Have you ever been to a second-hand store? What do you look for? What do you find? Usually a bargain, right? An item someone else has cast aside; maybe there is a broken or missing part. Maybe they found some new gadget that could do the job better, or maybe they simply grew tired of the item. "There's still some life left in it," they think, "perhaps someone else can make use of it." So, they mark down the price and set the item on the shelf.
That's how I feel tonight: Damaged goods. I've certainly been cast aside - numerous times, even! Some of my parts - my heart, for one - have been broken (repeatedly, I might add). Like anyone, I can be replaced. And, yes, it might even be said, I've worn out my welcome in certain places.
I learned tonight that knowing myelf, being able to identify and to even have the courage to share my shortcomings has, well, bitten me in the butt. Oh, but for the truth in the saying "ignorance is bliss"!!! Damn, Sam! Is this simply a case of sharing TMI - too much information? Screw you, o, counselor! Being vulnerable sucks and hurts - it hurts like hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment