Friday, February 10, 2017

37 Things

Sometimes you think you know someone.  Sometimes you wish you knew someone.  However, you could spend a lifetime with another human being and there would still be blanks to fill in.

Thirty-seven (37) things:

1.  I like to eat stewed tomatoes out of the can.  Corn, too.

2.  I was afraid of the dark when I was a kid.

3.  I thought I would be a better parent.

4.  When I was in third grade, I wanted to be a writer when I grew up.  

5.  I love (the look of) old books.

6.  My sister took piano lessons as a kid.  My favorite grandpa loved to hear her play.  I started playing the flute in elementary school because I wanted to please him.  The high notes hurt his ears.

7.  I find fog comforting.

8.  Tarantulas creep me out.

9.  Art Deco rocks.

10.  I am very picky about the knives I own, maybe because I used to imagine someone stabbing me from beneath my bed.

11.  I like to weed.

12.  I really wanted to be voted Most Likely to Succeed in high school.  Sharon Takata won.

13.  Chocolate and caramel is one of my favorite combinations.

14.  I do not like sleepovers.

15.  I watch when they stick the needle in my arm to draw blood.  

16.  My grandma used to give my sister and me Buttered Rum Life Savers in church.

17.  I think bacon is becoming overused.

18.  I used to imagine all sorts of tragedies happening to myself.  I've always wondered why.

19.  I like Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells from The Exorcist.  

20.  I've never seen the movie The Exorcist.

21.  I attended a cocaine party.  (No, I was NOT a participant.)

22.  I want a tattoo but can't decide what or where.

23.  I like tiny houses.

24.  I love a drum cadence.  

25.  Clouds are amazing and unique works of art.  Rocks, too.

26.  One of my greatest desires is to sing well.

27.  I love the smell of horses.

28.  M.A.S.H. is one of the best series EVER.  N.C.I.S. is second best.

29.  I hate my lack of self-control.

30.  I abhor dusting.

31.  I like to iron.

32.  I hate 80s music.

33.  I take my coffee strong and black.

34.  I love Chinese food.

35.  Mmm.  Barbecued steak fat.  

36.  I wish I could participate in the Amazing Race.

37.  I'm older than my mom was when she died.  







No comments:

Post a Comment