Friday, September 10, 2010

Just Another Day

I realized today I haven't "blogged" in a few days.  I don't know of many who are following my writings but as I said in the beginning, this opportunity to spill guts is really, selfishly, primarily for me.

As I start out here, I'm not so sure I even have something significant to share.  I'm bugged - literally!  We have these pesky little flying things that can be relentless!  They get right in your face and are terribly annoying.  They can really ruin any time spent outside.  And should they get in your house, it just seems doubly annoying!

The kids have also been rather pesky!  Benjamin has been battling a most disrespectful, unpleasant attitude and Elizabeth is at that lovely age when she is either talking non-stop or every comment is argumentative.  Very exhausting.  And absurd how often I find myself getting sucked in!

Upon the advice of those who've "been there," I'm trying to tackle the divorce paperwork like a business transaction, setting the emotions aside and simply dealing with the facts.  After last week's stress of meeting my husband's ultimatum to move the remainder of my belongings from his home and garage or suffer the consequences of his "friends" taking my things to the dump, this week I've been working on getting sound advice and gathering data to complete my set of documents.  Today I requested a quote for insurance - both auto and medical; just the sort of stuff that I really do not  enjoy investigating!  It isn't fun, but it is necessary.  Such is life.  As my friends lovingly remind me, who knows what great treasures God has in store as I persevere through this trial?!

The kids are in bed and ahhh! I might have a little bit of quiet time before bed.  Blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream - both homemade - to follow shortly.  Considering I have Tylenol P.M. in the medicine cabinet, I may even splurge with a sip of vanilla nut-tainted coffee. 

As I said, nothing terribly poetic or weighty tonight.  By the grace of God, not every day is... poetic or weighty!  Until we meet again, good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment