Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You've Been Served... and I Don't Mean Dinner!

If you've ever wondered what it felt like to be served divorce papers, I'm here to tell you - it's like a humiliating slap in the face.  In essence, someone who once said they loved you is now saying they do not.  They do not want you in their life.  They do not want anything to do with you.   They want to be rid of you - take your things and go! 

Words like 'dissolution,' the classic 'irreconcilable differences,' 'petitioner/respondent,' 'restraining order,' 'cooperate or else...'  Power plays and intimidation.  Labels and titles.  Dates and demands.

And when you live in a tiny community like Big Creek, it's even more humiliating as neighbors have seen me carrying countless boxes and belongings from what used to be my home.  I wish I could move my things in the dark of night so no one can see.  I know there is talk, speculation, and questions.   I just want this ugliness to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi girlfriend. I'm seriously heartsick for you.

    I'm not as eloquent as you are....so I'm going to say very little here. Just know I care.

    As to the small community and people seeing things..... right now, just try and think of only yourself and the kids and not what others may or may not believe/think/surmise, etc.

    {{{{Hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete