Thursday, July 28, 2011

What To Do

It's been a looooong time since I've dabbled in any poetry so I'm not sure how this will pan out...

When the color of this day shines bright in my eyes
with promises of rainbows through the cloudy skies
I see a day ahead of me when all things are good and right
And I cannot help but wonder if it's just the dark of night
that darkens my day, or is it the enemy at work?
Trying to rob my joy and employ my insecurities to hurt
my heart that longs to love again
a man that does not know
the Maker of all things, 
Who has given life to grow
in strength and in beauty, giving glory to Him
who is deserving of all praise until the very end.

What was the gain of giving myself to one who seemed alike
to have it all thrust aside like an empty can of soda on the side
of the road of life that twists and turns,
with no forgiveness in his heart
but rather just a bitterness that manifested in the dark
of the night that seeks to steal my joy
in the light that I have found
My God, what shall I do with these feelings that abound?

No man can fill the void or replace the One who made me
and yet there is a part of me that cannot help but see
the joy in being understood
of someone taking time
to want to get to know me, know me
like anyone would.

How can such a big difference seem like such a little thing
in mine eyes that seek to serve Thee
through the Hope of my ring
that rests 'round the finger, the one that says "I do"
because I do and yet I don't know, I don't know what to do.

Can this be a good thing, a good thing to be worked through You?
or must I say 'goodbye' to the one I have begun to love
the company of
the sound of
the touch of
the caring of
the smile of
the eyes of?

And yet I don't know, I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment