I never knew just how good a purge episode could feel! I mean, I've heard how good it could feel... others have said how good it could feel... but never have I experienced such a positive purge moment like today!
Okay, well, that could be a slight exaggeration but still, the point is this: There is power in the purge!
Very recently I resigned an employment post. Initially, I felt like I was sporting the word FAILURE boldly emblazoned across my forehead, not unlike the unfortunate soul in The Scarlet Letter. Time passes and God's truth kicks in: I'm not a failure. That particular position and I were simply a misfit. I gave it a try and I did not do well. I could come up with any number of reasons why that was the case, but long story short, the duties and responsibilities were far beyond what I initially understood them to be and in all honesty, I had neither the time nor interest in learning them. Realizing my limitation is not a failure, it is merely that: A realization.
Along with the resignation means yet another purge opportunity. Having held this position meant inheriting files, office supplies, a computer, monitor, and printer.... in addition to my own personal office tools. "Their" stuff occupied my desk top, space, and cabinet drawers, contributing to my natural knack of clutterdom. No more!
My space is once more my space. Their 4-drawer filing cabinet, looming tall and cumbersome, is gone. I can now see more of, rather than less of, my oak desk top because their monitor, printer, keyboard, and mouse & pad are gone. The notes, piles of mail and filing, and conference binders are gone. And you know something? It feels really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment