In my relationship as a believer, if there is one thing I've learned (oh, how I hope there is more than one!), it is to not put God in a box. Placing limitations on ourselves is one thing but God? Don't even go there! How can you possibly put boundaries on the Almighty Creator? You cannot! Be ever-so-grateful, as am I - He is so much bigger than any circumstance or border we try to erect.
After my husband left me a little over a year ago, I pretty much declared then and there I was done with relationships, marriage, growing old with someone, blah, blah, blah. I don't brag on myself much; I know I'm pretty good at somethings but to me, being a wife isn't included in them. I knew, however, that was my decision, knowing full well God may have other plans. You know, that's one really cool thing about Him - He's GOT plans! Can I get an "Amen"?! I knew better than to place that restriction on what He could accomplish.
So, you may be speculating where I'm going with this. My thoughts may be completely premature (wouldn't be the first time) but there is a "someone" out there and if nothing ever comes of it, this has: God has renewed my hope. That's all. I have hope because I have God. Do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment