Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Slow Learner

I should know by now - speculating only leads to trouble.  I think it's the enemy's primary tactic for tripping me up.  He takes one tidbit of information, blows it completely out of proportion and before I know it, I'm in a tailspin, convinced I'm not worthy, not up to snuff, oh-so-replaceable, second best - well, you probably get the picture.

It is dangerous to base decisions or even attitudes on one minute piece of data.  And yet, I do.  There have been a couple times (okay, more than just a couple) I have thought I was "safe" in a situation only to have it totally blow up in my face.  Ouch.  Yeah.  So, I tend to follow the mantra 'prepare for the worst, hope for the best.'  It doesn't always work.  Sometimes all I seem to get is the worst and the best seems to pass me by.

Yeah, I know, sometimes I write rather cryptically.  You probably have no clue where this is coming from or where it's going.  Just remember, it's my blog, my outlet, my catharsis.  Look at is as a game; maybe you can figure it out.  Maybe you can figure me out!  If you do, please feel free to clue me in!

1 comment:

  1. I like looking at it as a game. I'd like to figure you out. I hope you don't feel guilty about claiming it as your blog; it's very definitely yours, and watching it is engaging and enriching, no matter.

    ReplyDelete