Saturday, August 14, 2010
Lover of My Soul
My daughter just handed me a tissue because I am sad and crying. More rejection and hardness of heart from my husband. Do you know how disheartening it is to pursue someone who doesn't want to be pursued? I bet God does. I cannot possibly be as enduring, as patient, as compassionate, understanding, and loving as He is. Yet, HE IS - all that and more. He suffered the ultimate rejection - crucifixion on a cross, hanging between two thieves, put there by His chosen people. I have no place wallowing in my misery... He died so I might have life. Life to the fullest (The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 NIV). And so, despite my circumstances, despite repeated rejection from the man who once said, "...for better or worse...I do", I will... live to the fullest the Lover of my soul will allow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment