I like projects. More so, I like completing projects. I didn't always - complete them, that is. If a project took too long and I grew weary of it I would set it aside... often for another project! These days, I'm more apt to start something I know I can and will finish.
I like projects because they afford a sense of accomplishment. They offer not only a tangible result but, for me, they also offer an escape from the sometimes-harsh realities of life. Some folks like to escape into reading a good book of fiction, others turn to alcohol, drugs or some other unsavory vice. I prefer to "build" instead of tear down. Even if it is transitory, there is something worthwhile about using my time, my hands, my head to be creative and productive.
Like now... words of rejection have left me feeling humbled and discouraged. How will I handle this rebuff? I'm off to put a second coat of paint on the living room walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment