Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sharing the Love

We are all familiar with the perspective of your glass either being 'half full' or 'half empty.'  It tends to color our view of life in general.  I would like to think I am a half full person but in all honesty, I think I lean toward the half empty side.  I regard it more as realism rather than pessimism, although there are certainly times my vision is clouded with a downright gloomy outlook!

Conversely, there are those who appear eternally "peppy."  I intend this in the most positive way - they are vibrant, enthusiastic, spirited and, simply, happy.  For those of us who fall in the less-than-peppy category, they can be a little annoying... like a high school cheerleader on Mountain Dew.  Except when it's genuine; then they are a delight! 

I have known such people and I know one now.  She is a friend and a neighbor, a sister in the Lord.  I don't believe I have ever seen her without a smile on her face; not a fake smile she wears as a mask but a real, sincere, friendly smile.  She can be absolutely silly - you simply have to laugh!  It's refreshing and I am blessed to know her. 

Do you know someone like that?  Are you someone like that?  God bless you!  You make this time on earth a little more tolerable, and your zest for living - living for Jesus - is something to not just admire but emulate.  Know that you spread the love and joy of Jesus merely by being you.  And we thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment