A quiet Friday morning. No concrete plans for the day - always options, however. As I've mentioned before, productivity is my preference to taking a day off so I'm certain I will find some project to invest my time in.
So far this morning, Charley and I took a stroll up the Beaver Slide. I have no idea why it's called that; I should investigate. I'll get back to you on that! We walked the same road last night, just preceding dusk. The outline of the barely-lit mountains against the sky was beautiful, affording many photo ops - unfortunately, I hadn't thought to bring my camera. Although I did tuck it in my back pocket this morning, the lighting was already too bright, dulling the rich colors of the pines and forest foliage. Tonight, hopefully, we'll go back out and perhaps I'll be able to share some of God's beauty around Big Creek.
Someone posed the following question to me this morning: Are you happy? Wow. That's a toughy. Certainly, I have much to be grateful for and happy about - I have the 2 most beautiful children in the world, God has met my needs well beyond the basics, I have an abundance of friends, I live in a safe, peaceful community, I have generally good health... well, as you can see, the list goes on! There are aspects of my current season that are not what I either expected or wanted - those disappointments could cause me unhappiness. But that is temporal. I do not yet have a full grasp of what an eternal perspective consists of, but whatever happens here, will stay here. On the day the Lord calls us home, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:4 NIV) What a sweet promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment