Most folks think they need to wait until Monday to start something new... why is that? I'm usually a middle-of-the-road conformist; I don't like bucking the system too much. Today, however, I am. I'm starting something new - this blog - on a Thursday. Living life on the wild side, aren't I?!
I can't make any promises about this blog meeting anyone's needs but my own. Sounds pretty selfish, I confess. I've long wanted to write and every once in a while, I believe some things are worth sharing. You may disagree and that is certainly your prerogative. Just try to be kind and constructive if you, too, have something to say.
So, here is a little bit about me...
Right off the bat, I want you to know I'm a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. My posts will certainly be peppered with scripture, questions, thoughts, ideas and references that include Him.
Second, I confess I am not a perfect Christian... which is why my husband recently left me and our 2 young children. He has some very legitimate complaints and sadly for us all, has closed his heart to forgiveness and reconciliation... at this time. I know my God is big and still in the business of miracles and, so, I continue to have hope. My blog will have much to say about this season of my life.
Third, as I mentioned above, I have 2 young children, Benjamin (almost 4) and Elizabeth (2+). They are a constant source of joy and frustration. Can anyone relate?! Both are adopted and came to us as infants. Without a doubt - they are gifts from God. There are many days I cannot believe He entrusted them to me (us). But He did. See? Will wonders never cease?! Not as long as He is on the throne!
For nearly 2 years now, I have been a SAHM. By far, this has been the most difficult job I've ever had. As time goes on, I will elaborate and share my challenges and triumphs. They are what make up most of my day!
A little taste of the community we live in - Big Creek, California. After all, Big Creek is the main part of my blog title. It's a unique, tiny, mountain community nestled at approximately 4960' elevation in the Sierra Nevadas between two more well-known areas - Shaver Lake and Huntington Lake. It's remote, to say the least, taking almost an hour and a half to reach the big town of Clovis, CA. We have a General Store, a Post Office, US Forest Service offices, and the big employer of the community, Southern California Edison hydroelectric power plants. Population: unknown! There isn't even a number on the sign, but I'd guess somewhere around 200+ folk.
I love it here - the skies are almost always blue (except when there is a fire), the air is clean (although pollen floats liberally during its season), and it's a safe place for children. Everything is within walking distance and it's small enough you can actually know your neighbors - almost a thing of the past.
That isn't everything but it's a start. You'll learn more, as will I, as time moves on. We can learn together. I hope you'll come back for more... of my life in Big Creek.
So proud of you Tam--keep going!
ReplyDelete